|| In Real Life - Example of youth in action
One of the services offered by Trialog is mentorship and coaching
Youth Councils and similar forms for youth participation in
municipal activities and politics. Here is an example from one
of the Youth Councils, taken directly from the e-mail conversation.
Young members of the Youth Council, busy planning the yearly
manifestation for a multicultural society on the 9 of Nov (the
memorial day of “the Crystal Night” in Germany in
- OK. Today on a meeting in our working group, we decided that:
- Liw,. Sofia, Linnea and Emmy buy torches from the Bergstrom
- Mia checks if it´s possible to get candles sponsored
by the OB-shop.
- Mia, Malin and Emmy talk to the Bengtsson shop about getting
candies, coffee and tea sponsored.
- Sofia tries to borrow a tent from the City Centre Association.
- Ida and Malin make posters.
- Jonathan contacts the police about permission for the manifestation.
- Perhaps Miriam and Siri can sing and play?
- We would like the rest of you to suggest names of good speakers!
Good work! But I can not recommend that we walk on the Hospital
Street, because if there are elderly people joining in the manifestation
and if some of them need to use for example a wheel-chair it
will be difficult because of the cobble stones…
I can contact the local press if you want! Keep the good spirit